Forum

Put an image in the...

Notifications
Clear all

Put an image in the prints

RSS

Topic starter

Hello,

I have edited the quote section by inserting a column for the photos/images. I can enter the images but, during the print preview, I cannot do the print with the photo.

Can you help me?

Thank you

1 Answer

Hello,

The prints are a “view” of the data optimized for the printer, therefore they are not automatically modifiable by changing the datasheet. This means that they must be modified separately. To do this, you need to use the editor integrated into the Windows version. This editor allows you to edit the prints and add the missing fields, as the images in this case.

This is the manual link to know how to do:

https://developer.nios4.com/en/elements-main/prints/

Once the theory is over, let’s talk about the practical part. First, you need to know if the print comes from the product field or the intervention field. This is to understand in which print band you should insert the image. If it comes from the product, the image goes to Report Start, where all the main fields are included. If it comes from the intervention and more precisely from the lines of the material, the image goes to the Detail band, that is that part of the print repeated for the number of lines of materials inside the intervention.

In any case, the fields and the other elements must always be contained in a table (if it uses the prints already created, these tables are already present). You should choose the point where you want the field and add it by selecting it from the side list where all the fields are reported. Entering the image, you will see that it acts as the “marker” of where the image will be and its maximum size. You can also vary the size to reduce or increase its space.

For example, if you want to put it in the detail, I recommend you to position the image on the description line, both the one where the description is and the one where the field is (you can recognize the latter by the greater-than symbols <>). Then select Split Table by right-clicking to create space for the new field. You can always right-click to vary the cell size.

Save and sync if you have a cloud database. Save and export the print to create a package that you can install with the Install Package feature present in all versions of the program if it has only local databases.

Share: